How does using an EMR benefit the patient?
1. An EMR provides better security of patient
information. All patient information is securely stored in a database
with unique identifiers for each patient.
2. Easier access to patient records allows our
physicians to treat patients in the hospital more efficiently because
the physician can access the patient's records while being in the
hospital. On the reverse side, the physician is able to look at
hospital records while treating the patient in the office.
3. An electronic chart can never be lost or
4. Copying records for patients or other
physicians is as easy clicking "print" as long as proper HIPAA
authorization is acquired.
5. An EMR provides the physicians with a quick
allergy and drug interaction check when new medications are prescribed
to ensure patient safety.
6. EMR systems allow for better time management in
the office to aid the physicians in making the best of their time in
each office visit.
7. An EMR gives physicians and nurses access to
patient records 24 hours per day from any computer with internet
access. This allows for faster response time in urgent situations
because physicians no longer need to wait for a paper chart and are
not hindered by not having a chart after hours.
We care about the service provided to our patients and are very
pleased to have our Electronic Medical Record up and running. Please
call our office to schedule an appointment and see for yourself that
the level of customer service and patient care at Orlando Heart Center
rises to the top.